Spirit Animal Pro Series: Perez Octopus Skateboard Deck
What do you call 2 octopuses that look exactly the same?
The deck itself is made of high-quality wood, known for its durability and pop.
1 Perez Octopus Skateboard Deck (Maple, Bamboo or Pro, you choose!)
(Griptape sold separately.)
5% of profits to the First Try Foundation to help grow skateboarding and give skateboards to those in need.
Our decks are made of 7-ply 100% hard rock Canadian Maple. Medium concave. 31.5 inches long.
These are truly the best boards we can manufacture.
Length of deck ranges 31-33 inches
- Bamboo decks are stronger than traditional decks. They keep their pop longer and are great for all kinds of skating. They are eco-friendly and durable.
- Grown and harvested from sustainable, managed bamboo forests — far from wild or protected panda communities.
- Bamboo boards help reduce deforestation since bamboo grows up to two feet a day.
- Bamboo skateboards are lighter and stronger than traditional decks. So, you get more “pop” when performing tricks and refining your skills.
- Bamboo absorbs impact better than your average deck. Your naturally shock-absorbent bamboo skateboard will resist cracking and provide top performance longer.
Pro Deck shapes were custom-made by Professor Paul Schmitt at the PS Stix woodshop. Paul is one of the best skateboard makers in the world.
Chris' Shape: 8 1/8” Wide 14” Wheelbase 6 7/8” Nose 6 7/8” Tail = 32” in surface length
"With my shape, I had symmetry in mind, same size nose and tail :)
I also wanted something that doesn’t have too much pop, so it’s a little mellower for a quick snap when popping your tricks." - Chris "McNugget" Perez
"These board have symmetrical nose and tail surfaces with a good medium depth concave. They are in the same size range and in general longer noses and tails will hit sooner when you ollie or nollie and shorter ones will hit latter with more windup.
Shorter wheelbases will turn tighter then longer wheelbases, since the mold surface is the same the shorter wheelbase will allow the nose to pick up easier and with more finesse. Longer wheelbase will be harder to pick up and will react more aggressively.
¼” in wheelbase difference is close to a 2% in change.
They showed me what they were riding, what they had liked in the past and we talked about what they liked and how they wanted their individual boards to perform and then we made modifications according to their feedback loop.
These number may look insignificant to you but if you try them with this knowledge you can find out what is right for you." - Professor Paul Schmitt, PS Stix
Our purpose here at Braille Skateboarding is to inspire, motivate and teach the world to skateboard. We believe that anyone can and should skateboard regardless of age, color, body shape or size.
Here at Braille we want everyone to feel like they can progress on their board and learn to skate! That’s the basis that Braille is built off of and we won’t stop until skateboarding is the most popular sport in the